Vision – Who We Are
Gulf International Forum (GIF), is an independent Washington-based institute that aspires to enhance peace, progress, security, and stability in the Gulf and greater Middle East region through the open proliferation of ideas.
Mission – What We Do
Gulf International Forum strives to be the primary source of credible analysis on the region. Our mission revolves around enhancing understandings; engaging in free dialogue; and promoting independent thinking by building awareness and contributing to the accumulation of knowledge on the Gulf. GIF focuses on political, economic, mass communications, social, and security issues for the nine regional states: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Through various educational platforms that promote research, analysis, and dialogue, GIF aspires to encourage objective intellectual debates that inform interested audiences.
Approach – How We Do It
- Serve as a hub for analysis of the Gulf region by hosting roundtables, panels, and conferences along with publishing articles, reviews, reports, and books.
- Keeping our audiences up-to-date on current affairs.
- Provide a platform for Gulf- and U.S.-based scholars and policymakers.
- Air all perspectives on a given issue.
- Collaborate with sister organizations to maximize knowledge; amplify audience exposure; and promote a wide array of perspectives.