We are at a pivotal moment as an organization – preparing to scale our model, deepen our impact and elevate our presence in Washington, DC and on a global stage. Gulf International Forum is recruiting a full-time development manager to help lead the organization through its next phase of growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with leadership to develop an annual fundraising strategy and workplan.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- In conjunction with leadership, represent the organization to individual and institutional donors.
- Assist with institutional and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research and writing, maintaining a grants calendar, compiling reports, and preparing organizational documents for foundation submission.
- Manage a portfolio of individual and foundation donors.
- Conduct prospect research, maintain a donor prospect list and develop cultivation plans.
- Plan, manage and execute major campaigns, including procuring materials and content, developing emails and providing regular reports to the staff and Board leadership on progress.
- Develop a quarterly development reports to share with leadership/
- Manage and further develop the relevant administrative infrastructure on various platforms, including grant tracking and reporting systems, events calendars, updating contact lists, donorproﬁles, website, and annual report donor acknowledgement lists, and meeting minutes, etc.
- Coordinate distribution of donor outreach materials (e.g., annual reports/donor updates, eventinvites)
- Travel to support fundraising events/meetings
- Maintaining a donor database, ensuring data entry is accurate and pulling donor lists as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems of appreciable variety and complexity using independent judgment and action.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively in supporting the organization’s mission.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to perform well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred (experience has more weight)
- At least 5 years of nonproﬁt fundraising experience, preferably in the think tank scene
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to inﬂuence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to tell a story in a compelling way–distilling the most impactful points in a clear and concise manner
- Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing donor relationships over time
- Track record of closing large gifts
- Familiarity with tools like WealthEngine, iWave, LexisNexis, Foundation Directory Online, and Instrumentl is a plus
- Flexible and adaptable work and interpersonal style and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with US and Gulf-based colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also function as a teamplayer who will take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Prior experience working with an organization focused on political, social and economic issues of the Middle East is a plus
- Keen attention to detail and quality control on all documents produced
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- Knowledge of or interest in the Gulf region is beneficial, but not required.
To apply to this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
The Forum is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
Hybrid remote in Washington, DC 20006