About Gulf International Forum:
Gulf International Forum (the Forum) is an independent institute based in Washington, DC that is aimed at educating the public on the Gulf region. The Forum’s vision is to build a bridge between the East and West. We aspire to enhance peace, security, and stability both regionally and globally by the dissemination of knowledge. To find out more about the Forum, please visit www.gulfif.org.
- Review, edit, and proofread all materials for grammatical, stylistic, and factual accuracy.
- Draft and edit various written materials.
- Create promotional materials and newsletter for publications and events.
- Upon request, assist in drafting commentary pieces to address timely topics and events happening in the region.
- Ensure content adheres to in-house style guides and any external regulatory guidelines set by the Forum.
- Work with writers, research team, and content creators to develop and strengthen materials.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to writers.
- Regularly review and revise editorial processes to ensure efficiency and high-quality output.
- Manage editorial calendars and ensure timely delivery of content.
- Collaborate with writers, designers, and marketing teams to ensure content is compelling and aligned with branding and editing guidelines.
- Coordinate with different team members to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Assist in planning and developing content strategies to ensure high-quality content that meets organizational objectives.
- Ensure covering timely events and policies that would increase the number of readership and attention to the Forum’s publications.
- Ensure that all content adheres to the desired quality and is in line with the Forum’s expectations before publication.
- Perform fact-checking to maintain credibility and accuracy of content.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and academic integrity, regarding content and copyright.
- Post all new publications and manage the website and content on the website.
- Work with the website builder and management to address all issues related to the improvement and management of the website.
- Keep an up-to-date maintenance calendar for the website plugins and applications to remind and work with the website builder.
- Manage social media content across various platforms (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Develop a strategy to increase social media follower engagement, and actively find and engage new followers.
- Leverage social media for the promotion of publications and events to increase engagement with the Forum’s products and services.
- Perform other tasks as needed. The Forum is requires all staff to support various activities and demands beyond outline tasks.
Ability to solve problems of appreciable variety and complexity using independent judgment and action. Ability to think creatively and innovatively in supporting the organization’s mission. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to perform well under pressure. A thorough understanding of regional issues and customs of the Middle East is desired. Must demonstrate an interest in the Middle East, particularly the Gulf region.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree a plus
- Excellent written, editorial, and verbal communications skills
- Strong negotiation skills & attention to detail are required
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to proactively manage many simultaneous issues, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to write social media messages and execute content strategies for social media.
- Working knowledge of social media management software, Hootsuite preferred
- Knowledge and Interest in the Middle East, especially the Gulf region
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
This is a full-time salaried position. As a full-time employee of the Forum, you will be offered a fully covered medical, dental and visions insurance package and a 10-day paid vacation package. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and a 3-5 page writing sample with the subject line of “Editor Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org