The Gulf International Forum (GIF) Leadership Program targets young professionals, recent graduates, and college seniors to enhance their knowledge and research skills about the Gulf region. We founded this program with aims to achieve part of our mission through promoting independent thinking and building awareness of the Gulf. We are an institute that strives to improve understanding of the Gulf region and contribute to the accumulation of knowledge on the Gulf. Therefore, we believe in the importance of connecting with young professionals and students who seek to be involved and informed about the changing status, new challenges and evolving US interests in this region. The Leadership Program is designed to train and encourage students and academic cadres to increase scholarship and research on the Gulf region.
This is a fully remote internship. We aim to make this internship experience an important step in preparing future researchers who are interested in Gulf region studies. Our interns will be involved in our events, publication, and our seven research themes. Our staff and experts will help interns to develop their knowledge and skills, as well as make meaningful professional connections with scholars who will mentor them in their area of Gulf studies.
Participants in this program are expected to spend an academic semester with the Forum in a part-time role. Successful candidates will have passion and enthusiasm to learn more about the Gulf region’s affairs. Training schedules and the tasks of interns are intimately related to each component of research, publication, and event coordination. Through this program, we aim to build a network of students and academic professionals who have an interest in leaving their mark on Gulf region studies while promoting GIF’s values and mission.
Purpose of the Leadership Program
- Training and practical hands-on work experience.
- Exposure to the work environment, providing basic skills and understanding of events, planning and research work.
- Opportunity to practice, improve, and evaluate skills, techniques, principles, theories, and knowledge through academic experiences.
- Gain experiences in administration and management, organization and events.
- Make academic classes more meaningful due to the retroactive application of lessons learned from professional experiences.
- Identify and meet individual goals and objectives and increase self-confidence.
- Motivate to work toward greater achievement in the field, or to be the basis of a decision to make a career change.
- Enable new graduates to validate his/her career choice.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis:
Spring Semester (January – April): application deadline is December 5th
Gulf International Forum is offering a training opportunity for distinguished students and graduates. Internship programs are designed to help interns learn about the Gulf region through research/analysis and event planning. A cover letter is required stating why you would like to intern with us and what interests you in Middle East studies, particularly the Gulf region. Interested applicants, please send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Events and Social Media Intern
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns skills in pre-event preparations and post-event documentation. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to prepare all event-related tasks, which includes -but not limited to- printouts, venue logistics before and during the event day, taking photos and check-in participants.
- Learn how to promote GIF’s events and activities and editing for all events related materials.
- Learn skills of managing GIF social media accounts according to GIF standards for social media and information dissemination.
- Learn in other areas of organization based on demand
- Undergraduate or recent graduate
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience working on small or medium scale events preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Diligent, dependable, and hardworking
- Detail Oriented
The Forum offers interns a $1,000 stipend at the end of the internship.