Saudi Arabian utility developer ACWA Power announced its intention to float on the Riyadh bourse in an initial public offering which sources have said could raise more than $1 billion. 85.3 million shares are planned to be issued, representing 11.67% of the capital after a capital increase. 11.1% of the company, or 81.2 million shares will be offered to the public and around 4.14 million shares will be allocated to certain employees of the company and its subsidiaries. About 70% of the IPO proceeds will go towards financing the company’s equity contribution to upcoming projects and the remaining 30% will be used for general corporate purposes. The IPO was originally planned for 2018 but was delayed due to problems with a power plant in Turkey.